Friday, July 23, 2010

SUMMER SCHEDULE=10 hour days= 4 day work week

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my summer work schedule. We work 10 hour days, 4 days a week. During the school year, I often work 10 hours a day....the truth is, I usually work longer than a 10 hour day. But during the summer, our central office shuts down on Fridays....and I can take off work if I want to and not feel bad about it. Of course I was up this morning at 6:30 working even though it is Friday.... I wasn't at the office, but I was working. It's nice to know that I can slip away when I want to...I can walk outside...look at the butterflies, water my flowers, put on a load of laundry, cook grits and toast for breakfast, and read my favorite blogs without the pressure of feeling like every moment should be consumed with work. The sun is shining...the laundry is tumbling....the cicadas are singing.....my husband is snoozing....it's gonna be a GREAT day.

No comments:

Post a Comment