Monday, July 12, 2010

More pictures from Day 2-3 and


Being a south Georgia girl and having a father who spent his career working in the agriculture chemical industry, I thought I knew a little bit about farming. I learned a big lesson on this trip. Georgia is just a wee little spot in the farming industry map. There are lots of large farm equipment companies in the northern states and in Canada. Farming is one of the largest industries. It was absolutely amazing to me.
I mentioned in one of my previous posts noticing a train...here's another one....going right through a large piece of farm land.


We saw one windmill.....and we weren't sure if we'd see others or not....

Not quite sure what this was.....some time of mining (we think).


I was thankful my dad taught me how to read a map when I was a little girl....
Although we had a GPS, the Atlas was a great help to us and we used it throughout the day, every day.









No comments:

Post a Comment