Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Grand" baby....












For several months now experienced grandparents explained that being a grandparent was going to be wonderful....that it was just like becoming a parent, but better. They were right. I've thought a little about what makes it better....and I have a few ideas...maybe it's because I survived being a parent the first time and experience makes most things easier. Maybe it's getting to see my daughter and her husband fall in love with their baby....falling head over hills in love with this little boy. Maybe it's knowing that there are many special times ahead. Maybe it's knowing how special my grandparents are to me and how special my daughter's grandparents are to her and how special our son-in-law's grandparents are to him....and knowing that my husband and I are now on that list of special people in a child's life. For once in my life, the reason "why" really doesn't matter. Being a "grand"parent.....is quite simply....."grand".








No comments:

Post a Comment