Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lunch at Cracker Barrell

It's always nice to eat lunch at Cracker Barrell and today was no exception. We had a 20 minute wait...so we looked at all the goodies on all the shelves....bought a wedding present, a card, and some candy--milk chocolate peanut butter cups ---m-m-m melt in your mouth good. While we were waiting I overheard two older ladies talking...here's the conversation: Lady Number One: I heard something we could do so that we wouldn't wake up every morning hurting all over. Lady Number Two: Oh yeh...what is it? Lady Number One: You get some gin....then you get some raisins.....you soak the raisins in the gin for two weeks....then after two weeks, you eat NINE raisins every morning. Lady Number Two: So, if I eat nine raisins I won't hurt in the mornings when I wake up? Lady Number One: That's what I heard.....

3 comments:

  1. love this! i always write down convos i hear from older ladies. they are always so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cute sis! Now, where are my peanut butter cups? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in Chick-Fil-A about a year ago and noticed a table of about six women over 60, obviously....every one of them were "handsome ladies" as you can only call an older Southern woman. When I finished and put my trash away I walked over to them, waited a sec for their converstation to finish and told them they were the cutest girls I had seen in CFA since I had been eating. I told them they made me think of my grandmother and talked a sec about Grandma Wilson. I made their day! They invited me to stay but I had things to do. It made my day as well :0)

    ReplyDelete